Undergraduate Enrollment Procedures 

A-Admission requirements: 

1- Obtaining the Egyptian High School Certificate or an equivalent


2- Passing the qualifying subjects and getting the minimum grade

    required for joining the desired faculty. 

B- Document – receiving authority:

3- The student submits his/her documents to their respective embassy in Cairo or the General Administration for Admission and Foreign Students Grants located at 2 Dharih Saad Zaghloul St. – People's Assembly in Cairo starting from June to September of each year.  

C- Required documents:

1- An (equivalent) high school certificate accredited and approved by the Egyptian Embassy where the student obtains it or by the Cairo-based embassy of the country wherein the student procures it. As for students who get the Egyptian High School Certificate, they have to present their respective success report.

2- Original birth certificate or an official copy of it.

3- (6) recent photos  

Filling in the following documents and enclosing them inside an envelope from the General Administration for Admission and Foreign Students Grants or the Cairo-based embassy as follows:

-         An application (form 555 admission)

-         A tentative nomination card

-         An information form (3 copies)

-         A statement of the student and his/her guardian

-         A card of wishes (an original and a copy) 

 Approval of Certificates :

     Approval of certificates means authenticating them by the issue authority, the Foreign Ministry of the concerned country, the Egyptian Embassy in this country and the Egyptian Cultural Counselor to the Americas, Russian or East European states, respectively. Or, the certificates get approved by the Egypt-based embassy of the country from which they are issued, and then by the Egyptian Foreign Ministry (except for students who obtain the certificate from the Americas; and the Russian and East European states). The certificates which are not approved by the Egyptian embassy in Egypt or abroad will not be considered.

Unqualified certificates:

     If the certificate has not been equalized to the Egyptian High School Certificate, it can be equalized by taking the following procedures:

The certificate is presented to the Egyptian Embassy of the country from which it is issued. Then, an application for equalizing it to the Egyptian High School Certificate is presented. This certificate may also be submitted to the Department of Academic Equalization, affiliated to the Ministry of Education with the following:

1-        A detailed report on the educational system of the issue country, including (educational stages – length of each stage – stage type).

2-        A detailed report on the high school stage in terms of curricula and study plans – curricula distribution of each course over academic years and weekly hours.

3-        A statement of the universities which accept this certificate in these countries abroad.

These attachments have to be approved by the issue authority.

Decree of the Supreme Council of Universities dated 27/1/2000 concerning the regulations of admitting international students into Egyptian universities :

1-           Exempting international students, who obtain the equalized High School Certificate from passing the foreign language they have not studied according to the study system of the country where the certificate is issued. If this foreign language is a required course at the desired faculty or the department, the student has to pass a test in this subject. The student will not obtain the BA or BSc degree unless he/she passes this subject.

2-           Exempting international students, who obtain their equalized high School Certificate, or those who join the universities, from taking a complementary test in Arabic, religious education, and civics, provided that Arabic language is not their mother tongue or they do not study Arabic language while studying the equalized high school certificate.

3-           International students are admitted into universities according to the admission requirements for the holders of the Egyptian High School Certificate and in light of the regulating rules of the qualifying courses accepted by each faculty. If the equalized high School Certificate of the international student does not include any of the qualifying courses, the international students will be admitted into a faculty which does not require these qualifying courses.

The Faculties of Cairo University 

- Faculty of Agriculture

- Faculty of Archaeology

- Faculty of Arts

- Faculty of Computers and Information

 - Faculty of Dar Al-Ulum

- Faculty of Economics and Political Science

- Faculty of Engineering

- Faculty of Kinder Garden

- Faculty of Law

- Faculty of Mass Communication

- Faculty of Medicine - Kasr Al-Aini

- Faculty of Nursing

- Faculty of Oral Medicine and Dentistry

- Faculty of Pharmacy

- Faculty of Physiotherapy

- Faculty of Science

- Faculty of Specific Education - Dokki

- Faculty of Urban Planning

- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine

- Institute of African Studies

- Institute of Educational Studies

- Institute of Statistical Studies

- National Cancer Institute

- National Laser Institute

Documents Required 

The foreign student should fill the application form attached in accordance with his degree and that is to be done every July.

The student should attach a photocopy of the Embassy's approval of the student's studying.

The student should attach a photocopy of the degree he obtained + a photocopy of the papers testifying the equivalence of the degree obtained to the one required.

The student should attach a photocopy of the passport.

The Arab Affairs are to be consulted till the end of June while the application forms submitted after that date are to be delayed for the next year according to the procedures of the foreign Students' General Administration. 

General Guidelines: 

•                  The foreign student applying for postgraduate studies is not allowed to pay the tuition fees or to attend the lectures or start on any research prior to the approval of the Arab Affairs in accordance with the decree of the minister of higher education.

•                  Payment of tuition and enrollment fees should be in Sterling or, when the Sterling is not available, in Euro or American Dollar.

•                  An attached schedule shows the due fees to be paid by foreign students to the faculties and institutes; it should be noted that the student pays the enrollment fees only once on being enrolled (the first year) while paying the tuition fees is every year.

•                  As for Palestinian students, they pay only half the fees (50%) in the academic year 2006 - 2007, while in the following years they pay all the fees including tuition fees.

•                  The Palestinian students who had previously got an approval to pay only 50% of the fees continue to pay the fees decided on.

•                  As for Sudanese students, they pay 10% of the fees including tuition fees.

•                  As for students who get The approval of the security authorities as regards Their acceptance but they have not registered in the same year, their studies are to be postponed, for the next year before the start of the new academic year and That is through the General Administration for Accepting foreign Students.

•                  Students who had the security authorities approval more than one year, have to submit new application forms to be once more examined by the security authorities.